Sunday, September 1, 2013

Various Artists - Rock - Trippin on a Paisley Afternoon from DJLonz

DJLonz posted Various Artists - Rock - Trippin on a Paisley Afternoon on 09/01

Here's something I've been working on for a while now. I have been slowly collecting the best examples of 60's psychedelic rock and finally hit the threshold where a worthy compilation can be assembled. These tracks run from 1966-1971 and are easily recognized with their trippy organs and wiry guitars. This sound paved the way for 70's psychedelic like Hawkwind as well as modern day stoner rock. I've left off some obvious choices by Cream, Jefferson Airplane, Rolling Stones and others opting to go for more obscure finds rather than the tracks we've heard a million times. I've also included tracks by The Zombies, Spirit and others that probably aren't a perfect fit but represent the genre well enough and are tracks I want in a playlist that I'll listen to from time to time. So find that baggie of shrooms, cook up some hash brownies and enjoy the psychedelic grooves.

3 Comments:

At September 1, 2013 at 2:56 PM , Anonymous DJL said...

---------------------------------------------------------------------
VA - Trippin on a Paisley Afternoon
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Artist...............: Various Artists
Album................: Trippin on a Paisley Afternoon
Genre................: Psychedelic Rock
Source...............: CD
Year.................: 2013
Label................: DJL Productions
Catalog#.............: DJL 09-13
Country..............: US
Ripper...............: &
Codec................: LAME 3.97
Version..............: MPEG 1 Layer III
Quality..............: Extreme, (avg. bitrate: 221kbps)
Channels.............: Stereo / 44100 hz
Tags.................: ID3 v1.1, ID3 v2.3
Information..........:

Ripped by............: on 9/1/2013
Posted by............: DJL on 9/1/2013
News Server..........: LonzPort
News Group(s)........:

Included.............: NFO, SFV, M3U

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Tracklisting
---------------------------------------------------------------------

1. The Fly Bi Nights - Found Love [02:41]
2. Lincoln St. Exit - Paper Place [02:17]
3. Spirits and Worm - Spirits and Worm [02:58]
4. Afterglow - Morning [02:03]
5. Those Guys - Lookin' at You Behind the Glasses [02:25]
6. The Beatles - Tomorrow Never Knows [02:55]
7. The Zombies - Time of the Season [03:34]
8. The Grass Roots - Let's Live for Today [02:44]
9. The Guess Who - No Time [03:47]
10. Spirit - I Got a Line on You [02:47]
11. The Ventures - Good Mornin' Captain [04:56]
12. Ten Years After - I'd Love to Change the World [03:42]
13. Fifty Foot Hose - If Not This Time [03:38]
14. Shocking Blue - Long and Lonesome Road [02:47]
15. Morgen - Purple [04:08]
16. The Seeds - Pushin' Too Hard [02:32]
17. Frijid Pink - House of the Rising Sun [04:43]
18. The Electric Prunes - I Had Too Much to Dream (last [02:56]
19. Quicksilver Messenger Service - Fresh Air [05:19]
20. Felt - World [05:36]
21. The Chambers Brothers - Love, Peace and Happiness [02:47]
22. Wildwood - Plastic People [02:32]
23. The Amboy Dukes - Journey to the Center of the Mind [03:31]

Playing Time.........: 01:17:31
Total Size...........: 130.77 MB

NFO generated on.....: 8/29/2013 9:45:19 PM

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 
At September 2, 2013 at 8:39 PM , Blogger LoungeLonz said...

Sweet action here, quite the feat to assemble it all Frighteningly I never realized "Tomorrow Never Knows" was the Beatles, the re-make on Suckerpunch is killer. I still say that Baby Woodrose is one of the best examples of a modern band keeping this style alive.

 
At September 3, 2013 at 7:40 PM , Anonymous dlonz said...

Funny, I've been lining up tunes for something similar for the past couple of years. The Amboy Duke's tune was so ahead of it's time and could certainly still manage to fuel a drug induced sway pit. Let's Live for Today is one of the coolest tunes ever...and has my vote for BIG's wedding song.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home