Pallbearer - Foundations of Burden from DJLonz
DJLonz posted Pallbearer - Foundations of Burden on 11/02
I have to say I was totally stoked to find Pallbearer having a new release this year. I have anticipated this announcement since their brilliant 2012 debut, Sorrow and Extinction, which I tied with Periphery II as best metal album of that year. But of course, with so much anticipation comes that feeling of dread that they could never live up to the genius of that first record. Well the verdict is in... and I suppose it will lie in the ear of the beholder. Foundations of Burden is a very good record that goes in a different direction than its predecessor. The tracks have less of that gut-wrenching doom despair that I loved about the first one, opting for more of an epic post stoner metal sound. Sort of an Agalloch meets Kylesa. It wouldn't surprise me if the masses declare this record the superior offering but I'll say it comes in a close second. Either way, Pallbearer shows they can continue to deliver and evolve their own unique brand of doom metal.

1 Comments:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Pallbearer - Foundations of Burden
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Artist...............: Pallbearer
Album................: Foundations of Burden
Genre................: Black Metal
Source...............: CD
Year.................: 2014
Label................: Profound Lore
Catalog#.............:
Country..............: US
Ripper...............: &
Codec................: LAME 3.99
Version..............: MPEG 1 Layer III
Quality..............: Insane, (avg. bitrate: 320kbps)
Channels.............: Joint Stereo / 44100 hz
Tags.................: ID3 v1.1, ID3 v2.3
Information..........:
Ripped by............: on 10/27/2014
Posted by............: DJL on 11/02/2014
News Server..........: LonzPort
News Group(s)........:
Included.............: NFO, SFV, M3U
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Tracklisting
---------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Pallbearer - Worlds Apart [10:15]
2. Pallbearer - Foundations [08:40]
3. Pallbearer - Watcher in the Dark [10:39]
4. Pallbearer - The Ghost I Used to Be [10:16]
5. Pallbearer - Ashes [03:18]
6. Pallbearer - Vanished [11:40]
Playing Time.........: 54:51
Total Size...........: 125.96 MB
NFO generated on.....: 10/25/2014 11:17:00 AM
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home