Saturday, January 24, 2015

16 Volt - Let Down Crush from LoungeLonz

LoungeLonz posted 16 Volt - Let Down Crush on 01/24

One of DLonz's perennial favs, 16volts latest, while being exactly what you'd expect, is still refreshing in it's long-standing embrace of industrial metal minimalism that the majority of the free world has largely moved on from. I'm hard-pressed to find a call-outable track here, but the fact remains that just about any of em would be welcome on a random playlist. A Cloth like Gauze is kinduva fun diddy that would certainly get some head bobs at a live set. Speaking of - I'm way overdue for a show if you can't tell.

3 Comments:

At January 24, 2015 at 12:32 PM , Anonymous dlonz said...

Though this is far from their latest, it must be some reissue. I think this is actually their 2nd album. The Cut Collector was their big hit off this one, which got a fill the stage all star ensemble at the concert Mark and I hit.

You just opened the industrial metal door. Time to load!

 
At January 24, 2015 at 1:23 PM , Anonymous DJL said...

Now that's funny shyte... writing this one up like its a new release that stays true to its 90's form when in fact this record dates back to 1996. Listening to this makes me feel like I'm play DOOM on the old Packard Bell. Dboy called it, Cut Collector is the track to crank up.

 
At January 24, 2015 at 2:06 PM , Blogger LoungeLonz said...

Ha yep, the moment I posted I realized I had some bad Intel. Turned into some good Port chatter though!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home