Friday, May 22, 2015

Venomous Maximus - Firewalker from BigsBeatHeap

BigsBeatHeap posted Venomous Maximus - Firewalker on 05/22

I was stoked to see this, and standing on it's own it provides a good Heavy metal doom vibe. Put against Beg Upon The Light, it's sophomoric. Beg Upon The Light was DOOM, nay, Thalsa Doom. The drums and bass on BUtL were epic and i expected Conan to come crashing through at any moment.

1 Comments:

At May 23, 2015 at 3:21 PM , Anonymous DJL said...

Color me stoked to see this one as well. After listening, I'm going to have to give it higher marks than Sir Big though. While there is no Moonchild on this album, tracks like White Rose and Through the Black still deliver for me. I also like the way My Machine picks up tempo at the end for a good horns in the air moment. The only knock I have with Venomous Maximus is no fault of the band, it's the insistence of the fan base to call these guys doom. Nothing but good, sloppy vocal power metal in my book.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home