Friday, October 2, 2015

Deafheaven - New Bermuda from DJLonz

DJLonz posted Deafheaven - New Bermuda on 10/02

I've been jonesin for a good metal record and my oh my does Deafheaven deliver once gain. Keep some room on your year-end top 10 lists because this record will no doubt be present. In general, I'd have to say this release brings in some new sounds while putting the prominent post-metal blare of 2013's Sunbather further in the background. While the post-metal is definitely still there, we are now treated to a fresh layer of vintage black metal that takes me back to 90s Emperor. Trust me, all this is a very good thing. After reading the reviews, the lyrics are apparently very deep on this record but I'll never be able to decipher the screamo dialect... I just appreciate the added musical layer the vocals provide.

Song wise, this record is 5 epic tracks. First 2 clearly sound like an evolved Deafheaven and then there's Baby Blue. Lot's going on with this track ranging from 90s goth moodiness to traditional metal guitar breaks all ending in the sweetest of 80s metal chugga chugga power chords. Possum on gumbush!

Deafheaven. Welcome them as the newest member of the can-do-no-wrong list.

1 Comments:

At October 7, 2015 at 5:27 PM , Anonymous dlonz said...

Wow, I've got beads of sweat on my forehead after listening to this. Great stuff. I was sold on track 1.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home