Various Artists - Rock - After the Hawk (a post punk disturbance) from DJLonz
DJLonz posted Various Artists - Rock - After the Hawk (a post punk disturbance) on 05/29
My collection of late post-modern jams merits some airplay so I Whipped up one hell of a kick arse compilation in time for the holiday weekend. A CDs-length arrangement of alternative indie punk that I classify as Post Punk. My compilation, my classification. Anyway, great energy and head shakin goodness contained within. And while you may be wincing at the sight of Oasis and The Killers, rest assured I wouldnt steer you wrong. Bonus Quiz: At least 3 of these are found in movie soundtracks. What flicks?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
VA - After the Hawk (a post punk disturbance)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Artist...............: Various Artists
Album................: After the Hawk (a post punk disturbance)
Genre................: Alternative
Source...............: CD
Year.................: 2010
Label................: A DJL Compilation
Catalog#.............:
Country..............: US
Ripper...............: and
Codec................: LAME 3.97
Version..............: MPEG 1 Layer III
Quality..............: Extreme, (avg. bitrate: 223kbps)
Channels.............: Joint Stereo / 44100 hz
Tags.................: ID3 v1.1
Information..........: DJL 05-10
Ripped by............: on 5/29/2010
Posted by............: DJL on 5/29/2010
News Server..........: LonzPOrt
News Group(s)........:
Included.............: NFO, SFV, M3U
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Tracklisting
---------------------------------------------------------------------
1. (00:03:17) Oasis - Fuckin in the Bushes
2. (00:02:54) Arctic Monkeys - I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor
3. (00:02:48) Glamour for Better - Architechs of Discotech
4. (00:02:06) Manicure - I Dont
5. (00:03:25) The Hives - Tick Tick Boom
6. (00:03:39) The Horrors - Who Can Say
7. (00:04:59) She Wants Revenge - Tear You Apart
8. (00:03:56) Horropops - Kiss Kiss Kill Kill
9. (00:03:50) Morningwood - Jetsetter
10. (00:03:31) Gliss - Morning Light
11. (00:04:24) Bombs Into You - Stay the Best
12. (00:04:38) TV on the Radio - Wolf Like Me
13. (00:03:46) mewithoutYou - Torches Together
14. (00:05:00) The Airborne Toxic Event - Sometime Around Midnight
15. (00:03:34) Computerclub - This is on Fire
16. (00:03:26) Johnny Berlin - JB and the Negative Skyline
17. (00:03:21) X Wife - Fireworks
18. (00:04:07) The Killers - Shadowplay
19. (00:05:51) Ghinzu - The Dragster Wave
20. (00:05:34) Maybeshewill - Not for Want of Trying
Playing Time.........: 01:18:09
Total Size...........: 115.85 MB
NFO generated on.....: 5/29/2010 7:04:59 PM
---------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Comments:
This is a fantastic home-grown compendium...nary a weak track (well actually "Kiss Kiss Kill Kill" can tend to wear a little thin). That "Tear You Apart" tune certainly has some the dead-pan delivery down. Excellence throughout, I'm a big fan of the "Architechs of Discotech" jam as well and was only a matter of time until someone folded the full "I'm mad as hell" diatribe into one heck of an angst-laden tune.
Yep...dats good stuff
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home