The Dillinger Escape Plan - One of Us Is the Killer from BillysProgLog
BillysProgLog posted The Dillinger Escape Plan - One of Us Is the Killer on 12/21
Another band that gets a bit of confusing hype. Not keen on their discography, I thought I'd try one more as I had read their latest offering was more thrash than death. I am not sure what it is, but it is not good. Maybe this is the reason why there was no pre-existing folder. If y'all find yerself in agreement, feel free to purge.

3 Comments:
Way to be on top of things Slick Willy. Posted this one back in May in addition to their 2010 release which has been on The Port for awhile. For us old farts to appreciate this new metal you have to ease yourself into the metalcore sound with something accessible, say Purgatory's 2nd album, Bring Us the Horizon or even Avenged Sevenfold. Ultimately you'll graduate to Between the Buried in Me which is the height of inaccessible prog screamo core madness that today's yoot cannot get enough of.
That said, the title track and Paranoia Shields are fine jams on this TDEP record. For THE track by these boys, jump on Farewell, Mona Lisa from Option Paralysis. Certainly a Top10 metalcore track of all time.
Oh for shit sakes, the above reference should be Periphery, not Purgatory. Crossing the streams of the heavy metal sub-genres there.
D'oh....did I just stop looking a "D" instead of going down to "T"?!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home