Friday, October 2, 2015

August Burns Red - Found in Far Away Places from DJLonz

DJLonz posted August Burns Red - Found in Far Away Places on 10/03

August Burns Red has never done much for me but Jr has been praising this release so I figured I'd check it out. I'll have to say the boy has got an ear for this metalcore stuff. This is a surprisingly good album. These boys can kick out a jam and there are no nasally clean vocals to be found (thank God). The tracks have a lot of interesting changeups and razor sharp guitar licks. Martyr is a face melter, the guitar closing on Broken Promises can just go on forever while Vanguard and Marathon show an epic side that is worth checking out.

1 Comments:

At October 10, 2015 at 7:53 PM , Blogger LoungeLonz said...

Wow! Now there's one helluva an album from out of nowhwere, flippin awesome. And here we thought they were only good for novelty Christmas-core. Of course, I'm also a complete sucker for the midi jam, they could do a whole album of that Urizen style. Pat tell Nick he was dialed in proper on this one, he actually came to mind last night as me and Jeremy were hooked on Super Monkey Ball at our vintage arcade emporium.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home