Robert Johnson - King of the Delta Blues Vol II from DJLonz
DJLonz posted Robert Johnson - King of the Delta Blues Vol II on 04/16
Never hearing of Robert Johnson before, I did some reading up and learned he is quite an iconic pioneer of delta blues. This release is the 2nd of two volumes compiled in the 60s and 70s. One of the tracks that surprised me is his 1936 version of Sweet Home Chicago. I had no idea Robert Johnson penned the tune originally and it is interesting to hear how the lyrics have been altered through the decades. I have to say this is some good blues and I'm hoping we see Vol 1 grace The Port sometime soon.

1 Comments:
Nice load. I've been looking for some RJ to add to the collection given his significance. And I must say the lo-fi delta blues sound definitely works nowadays.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home