Sunday, July 15, 2018

Deafheaven - Ordinary Corrupt Human Love from DJLonz

DJLonz posted Deafheaven - Ordinary Corrupt Human Love on 07/15

Going into this record, one has to wonder if we really need a new Deafheaven release delivering their tried and true post-black-screamo formula. It takes about 30 seconds to quickly remind oneself the obvious answer to this question is hell yes! But on their 3rd release, I'd say we're starting to get hints of added complexity in their songsmithing starting with the piano intro on You Without End and extending to the mellow duetish Night People. Honeycomb, Canary Yellow, Glint and Worthless Animal deliver interesting new guitar work and tempo changes while still being underpinned by the now classic Deafheaven sound. When played at volume, I am immediately taken back to that dark Houston concert hall where I first acquired my now-lingering case of Tinnitus. Ah such memories... but I digress. All in all, another amazing release from these boys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home